Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Cardboard time machine. A poem.

Cardboard time machine.
By Myanda Neizer.
What Do you do with a cardboard box?
Sail away in it of course!
 And when you have gone from coast to coast and have seen every fish in the sea,
 leaving no gulf unexplored,
go to the moon!
Wear Orions belt as a bracelet,
Take a sip from the milky way.
Wrap up each and every speak of a planet in your marble bag to trade for treasures later.
I'll give you a hunk of opal for Pluto,
because back in my day Pluto was still a planet.
What I would give for a cardboard box-time machine,
to go back and relive those days with.
Not just back, but forward as well.
Forward to when we recycle cardboard boxes to make robots.
Like a child’s dream,
Like turning corn into gasoline.
All of that is impossible, right?
Look at this, when I touch this screen, my best friend is looking right back at me!
Instant communication in  the palm of my hand,
As thin as a piece of cardboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment