Sunday, November 13, 2011

Falling in love with you.

Falling in love with you was like putting glasses on for the first time.
I peered up to the trees and realized the leaves had definition; it was not just one big mass of green.
We fell like leaves from that free and tumbled together until we landed at the roots of our creation.
In the soil and dirt we wallowed, the blades of grass the softest thing we had ever known.
As soft as the other leaves falling, gentle as a bird song we were covered and pressed to the earth.
Pressed down until the sun was blotted out and all we knew was the rotting stench of one another.
The worms ate our bodies blindly, moving through us like dancers.
Falling in love with you was like putting glasses on for the first time.
I thought I could see everything, that my path was now clear before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment